Overnight Vegetable Salad Recipe
- 1 can (16 ounces) tiny green peas, drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) French-style green beans, drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) shoe peg white corn, drained
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimientos, optional
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large bowl, combine peas, beans, corn, onion, celery and pimientos. In a saucepan, combine remaining ingredients; heat and stir until sugar dissolves. Pour over the vegetables. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Yield: 10-12 servings.
If Cooking for Two: Salad will keep for several days stored in a covered container in the refrigerator.
1/2 cup: 185 calories, 9g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 381mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Overnight Vegetable Salad
"If you use Tarragon Vinegar - it is awesome!!! We love it!"
"Tangy and slightly sweet, but very refreshing. Several of us asked for the recipe from our co-worker for our Christmas lunch today!"
"Delicious! I didn't have shoe peg corn so I used regular. Next time I will use shoe peg because I like it a lot."