Overnight Vegetable & Egg Breakfast
My overnight eggs and veggies make a hearty breakfast for those who have to rush out the door. I use sliced potatoes, but frozen potatoes work, too. —Kimberly Clark-Thiry, Anchor Point, Alaska
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 7 hours
- 4 pounds potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced (about 8 cups)
- 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 8 large eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- In a greased 6-qt. slow cooker, layer the first five ingredients. In a large bowl, whisk the next five ingredients; pour over top. Sprinkle with cheese. Cook, covered, on low until potatoes are tender and eggs are set, 7-9 hours.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 354 calories, 15g fat (7g saturated fat), 217mg cholesterol, 668mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 19g protein.
Originally published as Overnight Breakfast in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes 2015
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.