Overnight Slow Cooker Breakfast Casserole
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 6 hrs.
- 12 large eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream (or half and half)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (20 oz) bag refrigerated hash browns
- 4 ounces shredded parmesan cheese, divided
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 (5 oz) package Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Golden Brown Sausage Links, sliced into coins
- 1/2 cup chopped sun dried tomatoes, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil, divided
- Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- In medium bowl combine eggs and cream; whisk until well combined. Sprinkle onion powder, salt and both peppers over egg mixture while whisking. Whisk until completely combined. Set aside.
- In slow cooker, combine hash browns and about 1/2 of each of parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, sausage, sun-dried tomatoes and basil. Using fingers, gently toss until combined. Pour egg mixture over top; if necessary use spatula to smooth out top.
- Set aside about 1/2 of remaining mozzarella cheese (approximately 2 ounces). Sprinkle remaining ingredients over top of casserole. Cover slow cooker and cook for 6-8 hours on low or until center is cooked through. A thermometer inserted into center should read 160°F.
- Sprinkle casserole with remaining cheese, serve and enjoy!
Apr 17, 2018
Made this last night, adding a few more of my own favorite herbs, (used an average size crockpot), and it was great! Thanks so much!
Mar 26, 2018
Nice recipe but you do not tell what size slow cooker you are suppose to use , what size slow cooker ?
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.