Overnight Sausage Strata
Strapped for time during the week? Prepare this on a Sunday night for Monday's dinner Recipe provided by Eggland's Best®.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 1 Hour
- 1 pound sweet Johnsonville® Mild Italian Sausage Links, removed from casing
- 8 slices of firm bread
- Softened butter
- 8 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 Eggland's Best® eggs, large, beaten
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard powder
- 1/4 cup diced banana peppers
- Coat a 13 x 9 baking dish with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a large skillet, brown sausage over medium-high heat. Drain grease and set aside.
- Butter one side of each piece of bread and cut into cubes. Layer half of the bread on the bottom of the prepare baking dish, then layer half of the sausage mixture, then half of the cheese. Repeat with all ingredients. Top with diced peppers.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs, milk, and mustard until blended. Pour evenly over casserole.
- Cover and let it sit overnight in the refrigerator.
- When you are ready to bake, remove from refrigerator and allow it to sit for 5-10 minutes. Bake at 350 for 1 hour, or until bread is golden and eggs are set
Nutrition FactsNutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 595 calories, 21 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 225 mg cholesterol, 1048 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 30 g protein.
Originally published as Overnight Sausage Strata in Eggland's Best Partner Recipes 2015-2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.