Overnight Rolls Recipe
- 1 package (1/4 ounces) active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup plus 3/4 teaspoon sugar, divided
- 1-1/3 cups plus 3 tablespoons warm water (110° to 115°), divided
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4-3/4 to 5-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- Melted butter, optional
- 1. In a bowl, dissolve yeast and 3/4 teaspoon sugar in 3 tablespoons water. Add remaining sugar and water, oil, egg, salt and 2 cups flour; mix well. Add enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 3. Punch dough down. Shape into 20 rolls. Place on a greased baking sheet; cover and refrigerate overnight. Allow rolls to sit at room temperature for 15 minutes before baking.
- 4. Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Brush with butter if desired. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 20 rolls.
1 each: 165 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 122mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Overnight Rolls
"nice rolls, needed longer than 15 mins to come to room temperature & needed to cook the full 15 minutes."
"These were absolutely delicious. Making them the night before surely makes it a lot easier, when preparing a big meal. My family said they were fantastic!!!"
"Light and airy! These rolls are delicious! I didn't refrigerate (couldn't wait to try them) and they still turned out great!"