Overnight Ham and Cheese Strata
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 30 min.
- 3 cups soft rye bread cubes, crusts removed
- 2 cups diced fully cooked ham
- 3/4 cup diced green pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- Place bread cubes in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Layer with ham, green pepper and cheese. Beat eggs, milk, horseradish and mustard; pour over all. Cover and chill 8 hours or overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 293 calories, 17g fat (9g saturated fat), 216mg cholesterol, 803mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 21g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 28, 2015
I left the bread in slices, covered the bottom of the pan, then layered the filling and placed another layer of bread. Very good, my husband put maple syrup on his. I would make this again. Very easy. Janet. FE