Overnight Ham and Cheese Strata
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 30 min.
- 3 cups soft rye bread cubes, crusts removed
- 2 cups diced fully cooked ham
- 3/4 cup diced green pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 large Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- Place bread cubes in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Layer with ham, green pepper and cheese. Beat eggs, milk, horseradish and mustard; pour over all. Cover and chill 8 hours or overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 293 calories, 17g fat (9g saturated fat), 216mg cholesterol, 803mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 21g protein.
Apr 28, 2015
I left the bread in slices, covered the bottom of the pan, then layered the filling and placed another layer of bread. Very good, my husband put maple syrup on his. I would make this again. Very easy. Janet. FE
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.