Two young boys keep me busy, so I often prepare this casserole the night before for dinner the next day. I'm a happy homemaker who loves to share family-favorite recipes with others.
Recommended: Ham and Cheese Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 cups soft rye bread cubes, crusts removed
- 2 cups diced fully cooked ham
- 3/4 cup diced green pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- Place bread cubes in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Layer with ham, green pepper and cheese. Beat eggs, milk, horseradish and mustard; pour over all. Cover and chill 8 hours or overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Ham 'n' Cheese Strata in Country Pork 1996, p91
Reviews forOvernight Ham and Cheese Strata
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review