Overnight Egg Casserole Recipe
When I know I'm going to have company for breakfast, this is the dish I serve. Because you prepare it the night before, all you have to do is pop it in the oven and you're free to make the juice and toast.
- 8 slices bread, cubed
- 3/4 pound shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 pounds bulk pork sausage or Italian sausage
- 4 large eggs
- 2-1/2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1. Place bread cubes in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese; set aside. In a skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Crumble sausage over the cheese and bread. Beat the eggs, milk, mustard, soup and broth; pour over sausage. Cover and refrigerate overnight or at least 2-3 hours before baking.
- 2. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes or just until set. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 piece: 526 calories, 38g fat (18g saturated fat), 194mg cholesterol, 1134mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 25g protein.
Reviews for Overnight Egg Casserole
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC