Overnight Chicken Fruit Salad
When planning a luncheon, I like to use recipes that can be prepared the night before. The tropical taste in this make-ahead salad appeals to the ladies...as well as the men!
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 pound seedless red grapes, halved
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, grapes, celery and water chestnuts. Combine mayonnaise, soy sauce, lemon juice and curry powder. Pour over chicken mixture; toss lightly until coated. Cover and chill 8 hours or overnight. Stir in almonds just before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 437 calories, 33g fat (5g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 327mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 3g fiber), 19g protein.
Originally published as Overnight Chicken Fruit Salad in Country Chicken Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.