Overnight Baked Oatmeal Recipe
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup dried blueberries
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1. In a large bowl, whisk together first six ingredients. Stir in oats, blueberries and cherries. Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Refrigerate, covered, 8 hours or overnight.
- 2. Preheat oven to 350°. Remove oatmeal from refrigerator while oven heats. Stir oatmeal; sprinkle with almonds. Bake, uncovered, until golden brown and a thermometer reads 160°, 40-50 minutes. Serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
1/2 cup: 331 calories, 13g fat (2g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 364mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 4g fiber), 8g protein.
Reviews for Overnight Baked Oatmeal
"I love this recipe! Has anyone tried using fresh or frozen blueberries instead of the dried ones?"
"Great!!! I eliminated the brown sugar, replaced it with unsweetened applesauce, used cashew milk and reduced it to 2 cups (to accommodate the extra moisture in the applesauce), added 1/4 cup of chia seeds, and added sliced apples drizzled with honey on top!!! SO GOOD, what a great idea, especially to make and keep in the fridge for a few extra days of breakfast."
"So easy to prepare and delicious!"
"I'm usually a cereal kind of girl every morning but I've been trying to break that. This was a great change! I did use dried cranberries in place of the dried blueberries."
"Fell in love with baked oatmeal! Why have I never had this before... it has a creamy custardy flavor while the top gets crunchy and sweet. This is the perfect baked oatmeal recipe for a scrumptious breakfast - perfect for holidays to share with guests and family. Prepare the night before, pull out and bake... presto! easy and lovely breakfast in the morning."