"There's no need to shy away from these sweet crispy snacks, because they're a snap to stir up on the stovetop," comments Charla Sackmann of Glidden, Iowa. "Our three children can't get enough of the chewy treats."
Recommended: 14 Cookie Mix Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (1 pound) marshmallows
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 3 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1 can (12 ounces) salted peanuts
- In a saucepan over low heat, cook and stir marshmallows, chips and butter until marshmallows are melted and mixture is smooth. Remove from the heat. Stir in cereal and peanuts; mix well. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto waxed paper; cool. Yield: about 6-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Oven-Shy Cookies in Quick Cooking March/April 2001, p41