Oven Roasted Vegetable Medley
I was thrilled to find this recipe because it's another great way to prepare all the squash I seem to acquire!—Marilee Koehn, Burns, Kansas
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 2 medium onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium yellow summer squash, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 large sweet red and/or green peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Drizzle with oil; toss to coat. Place in a single layer in an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 20 minutes. Stir; sprinkle with garlic. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 99 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 310mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 4g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Roasted Vegetable Medley in Country Woman July/August 2004
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.