- 2 pounds medium carrots, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash ground cloves
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, toss carrots with oil. Mix seasonings; sprinkle over carrots and toss to coat.
- Arrange carrots in a single layer in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Roast 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned and crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forOven-Roasted Spiced Carrots
"Fantastic recipe. Carrots were tender yet firm; spices were right on target. The hardest part was assembling the spices! This is a hit at our house and it's a keeper."
"This recipe is so easy and delicious. My husband is not fond of carrots and he loved it."
"These were awesome and easy to make! They were not crispy but reminded me of baked sweet potato fries. My husband and son liked them. Will make again."
"We really liked these. The carrots were not crunchy at all, and the taste was very good."
"I was disappointed. I don't like crunchy carrots and the spices were not that great. Sorry."
"My whole family loves this. Even the picky one gets excited when I make it."
"After making these carrots a couple of times, 2 of my grown kids requested it for a subsequent dinner. And one of these kids don't consider carrots a favorite veggie! The time and temperature listed in the recipe are right on and I don't mess with that which was written--especially after I tried a different temperature and time to accommodate an entree in order to cook in the same oven and the carrots were less good. If temperatures of entree and carrots differ, I use my second oven. The spice amounts seem correct as well and the carrots are tender but not mushy. Some carmelization will occur during roasting but that's ok. A keeper for years to come!"
"Made this for our Easter dinner. GREAT! I loved all the spices and the way it blended together. I will be making this again."
"I like the addition of all the spices! It was a refreshing change of pace. I thought I would have to cook them longer, but it was right on target with the recipe. Our kids are plain eaters and weren't huge fans, but my husband and I thought the carrots were delicious."