Oven-Roasted Potato Salad
I pack this delicious potato salad in a cooler to dish up cold at picnics or transfer it to a slow cooker to serve it warm for church potlucks.—5;Terri Adams, Kansas City, Kansas
- 1 large whole garlic bulb
- 2 pounds small red potatoes, quartered
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 medium green peppers, cut into large chunks
- 2 cups frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- Remove papery outer skin from garlic (do not peel or separate cloves). Cut top off garlic bulb. Place cut side up in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Add potatoes; drizzle with broth. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 30-40 minutes or until garlic is softened.
- Remove garlic; set aside. Add the green peppers, green beans and onions to the pan. Bake 30-35 minutes longer or until tender. Cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Squeeze softened garlic into a large bowl. Stir in the vinegar, oil, sugar, salt and rosemary. Add vegetables; toss to coat. Serve warm or cold.