Oven-Roasted Green Beans
Your family will love this versatile side dish. Toss in wax beans with the green beans for variety. Or add yellow or orange peppers for an extra burst of color. —Donna Wilkinson, Monrovia, Maryland
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 large sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1/2 large sweet onion, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a large bowl, combine beans, red pepper, onion and garlic. Drizzle with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Transfer to a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- Roast 20-25 minutes or until tender, stirring once.
Originally published as Oven Roasted Green Beans in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2015