Oven Rice Supreme
My family was never fond of rice, until I found this recipe. They call it a winner, and it’s so easy to make.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup hot water
- 2 tablespoons each chopped onion, celery and green pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish, combine all ingredients. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour or until rice is tender. Fluff with a fork before serving.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 210 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 745mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Rice Casserole in Country Extra May 2007
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.