Oven Rice Supreme
My family was never fond of rice, until I found this recipe. They call it a winner, and it’s so easy to make.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup hot water
- 2 tablespoons each chopped onion, celery and green pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish, combine all ingredients. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour or until rice is tender. Fluff with a fork before serving.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 210 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 745mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Rice Casserole in Country Extra May 2007