Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 2-1/4 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of onion soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 pound smoked sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes. Stir in sausage and shrimp. Cover and bake 20-30 minutes longer or until the rice is tender.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 344 calories, 16g fat (6g saturated fat), 104mg cholesterol, 1148mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 19g protein.
Oct 16, 2017
I can't wait to try this for the first time. I will cook the Oven Jambalya an extra 45 minutes with a bit more water. Thanks for the pointer!
Jun 29, 2012
Definitely need more cook time for the rice. After I added the sausage and shrimp I cooked it an additional 45 minutes and it still wasn't 100& cooked. I will add a tiny bit more water and make it 50 minutes more. It would also be good with added chicken. Tastes just like any Jambalaya I have ever had and this was super easy to put together!
Sep 22, 2010
Oh we LOVE this dish!!! When I was making it I thought "cream of onion soup?" well, I've gotta tell you we absolutely loved it! Just enough heat, next time I will add some chicken to it too. SOOO easy to make which is the kind of recipe I need 'cause I don't like to cook. You wll need some time though to make it, preparing it is a breeze, but it's 2 sets of 40min intervals of baking. It is great as leftovers....
Mar 8, 2009
Loved the flavor combination. Rice cooking time was much longer than stated in the recipe.