Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 2-1/4 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of onion soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Fully Cooked Smoked Sausage Rope, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes. Stir in sausage and shrimp. Cover and bake 20-30 minutes longer or until the rice is tender.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 344 calories, 16g fat (6g saturated fat), 104mg cholesterol, 1148mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 19g protein.
Oct 16, 2017
I can't wait to try this for the first time. I will cook the Oven Jambalya an extra 45 minutes with a bit more water. Thanks for the pointer!
Jun 29, 2012
Definitely need more cook time for the rice. After I added the sausage and shrimp I cooked it an additional 45 minutes and it still wasn't 100& cooked. I will add a tiny bit more water and make it 50 minutes more. It would also be good with added chicken. Tastes just like any Jambalaya I have ever had and this was super easy to put together!
Sep 22, 2010
Oh we LOVE this dish!!! When I was making it I thought "cream of onion soup?" well, I've gotta tell you we absolutely loved it! Just enough heat, next time I will add some chicken to it too. SOOO easy to make which is the kind of recipe I need 'cause I don't like to cook. You wll need some time though to make it, preparing it is a breeze, but it's 2 sets of 40min intervals of baking. It is great as leftovers....
Mar 8, 2009
Loved the flavor combination. Rice cooking time was much longer than stated in the recipe.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.