- 2-1/4 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of onion soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 pound smoked sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes. Stir in sausage and shrimp. Cover and bake 20-30 minutes longer or until the rice is tender. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews forOven Jambalya
"I can't wait to try this for the first time. I will cook the Oven Jambalya an extra 45 minutes with a bit more water. Thanks for the pointer!"
"Definitely need more cook time for the rice. After I added the sausage and shrimp I cooked it an additional 45 minutes and it still wasn't 100& cooked. I will add a tiny bit more water and make it 50 minutes more. It would also be good with added chicken. Tastes just like any Jambalaya I have ever had and this was super easy to put together!"
"Oh we LOVE this dish!!! When I was making it I thought "cream of onion soup?" well, I've gotta tell you we absolutely loved it! Just enough heat, next time I will add some chicken to it too. SOOO easy to make which is the kind of recipe I need 'cause I don't like to cook. You wll need some time though to make it, preparing it is a breeze, but it's 2 sets of 40min intervals of baking. It is great as leftovers...."
"Loved the flavor combination. Rice cooking time was much longer than stated in the recipe."