Oven-Fried Chicken with Cranberry Sauce
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes4 servings (1 cup sauce)
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons toasted wheat germ
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon each dried oregano, thyme and rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 cup jellied cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the bread crumbs, cheese, wheat germ, garlic and seasonings. Add chicken, one piece at a time, and shake to coat. Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°, turning once.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring cranberry sauce to a boil. Remove from the heat; whisk in the lime juice, vinegar and mustard. Serve with chicken.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 268 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 182mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 2g fiber), 25g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 6, 2012
Love this recipe!
Oct 6, 2012
This is one of my favorites!
Mar 3, 2010
Oven fried chicken with cranberry sauce is a staple in our home. My family absolutely loves this recipe and it's one we'll be making many more times. It's so simple, and so easy to make, it's a keeper for sure.
Apr 12, 2009
wow, wasn't too sure when making the sauce, but it's very tasty. I served with quinoa and broccoli for healthy sides.