Chicken is one of my family's favorite meat and I prepare it several different ways. This melt-in-your mouth baked chicken is a much-requested entree for Sunday dinner.
Recommended: 99 of Our Favorite Chicken Dinner Ideas
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- Place chicken in a large resealable plastic bag; add buttermilk. Seal bag and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. In a shallow bowl, combine butter, lemon juice and garlic. In another bowl, combine bread crumbs, sesame seeds, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Drain chicken, discarding buttermilk; dry on paper towels. Dip chicken in butter mixture, then coat with crumb mixture. Place in an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Drizzle with remaining butter mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350° and bake an additional 20 minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Oven-Baked Sesame Chicken in Country Chicken Cookbook 1995, p35