Oven-Baked Fried Chicken
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup crushed cornflakes
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), skin removed
- Place olive oil in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine the Parmesan cheese, cornflake crumbs, flaxseed, seasoned salt and pepper. Dip chicken into oil, then coat with crumb mixture.
- Arrange chicken in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 641 calories, 47g fat (9g saturated fat), 118mg cholesterol, 1127mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 5g fiber), 45g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 24, 2010
I made this recipe exactly as it is written. It was very bland! I don't typically like spicy food, but this needed some flavor.
Jan 7, 2008
This was good but I made some changes to it. I omitted the ground flaxseed because I wouldn't know where to begin to find it, and just used 1 cup crushed cornflakes. I also only put 1 tsp of seasoned salt, and added 1/2 tsp of paprika, 1 tsp thyme and 3/4 tsp garlic powder.Very nice taste and crispy!