Oven-Baked Fried Chicken
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup crushed cornflakes
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), skin removed
- Place olive oil in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine the Parmesan cheese, cornflake crumbs, flaxseed, seasoned salt and pepper. Dip chicken into oil, then coat with crumb mixture.
- Arrange chicken in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 641 calories, 47g fat (9g saturated fat), 118mg cholesterol, 1127mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 5g fiber), 45g protein.
Mar 24, 2010
I made this recipe exactly as it is written. It was very bland! I don't typically like spicy food, but this needed some flavor.
Jan 7, 2008
This was good but I made some changes to it. I omitted the ground flaxseed because I wouldn't know where to begin to find it, and just used 1 cup crushed cornflakes. I also only put 1 tsp of seasoned salt, and added 1/2 tsp of paprika, 1 tsp thyme and 3/4 tsp garlic powder.Very nice taste and crispy!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.