VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 pounds pork stew meat
- 1 package (7 ounces) shell macaroni, cooked and drained
- 2 cups diced celery
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 2 cups chow mein noodles
- In a large skillet cook the pork over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the next nine ingredients.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with chow mein noodles. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until pork is tender. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Oven-Baked Chop Suey in Country Pork 1996, p94