Oven-Baked Bean Soup
When I know I have a busy day ahead of me, I reach for this recipe. I just pop this soup in the oven early in the day and have a delicious ready-to-eat meal all set for supper.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 4-1/2 hours
Makes14-18 servings (4-1/2 quarts)
- 1 pound dried navy beans
- 1-1/4 pounds fully cooked ham, diced
- 3 quarts water
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 cup each diced onion, celery and carrot
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a 6-qt. ovenproof Dutch oven. Cover and bake at 350° for 4-1/2 to 5 hours or until beans are tender.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 147 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 738mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 7g fiber), 12g protein.
Originally published as Oven-Baked Bean Soup in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.