When I know I have a busy day ahead of me, I reach for this recipe. I just pop this soup in the oven early in the day and have a delicious ready-to-eat meal all set for supper.
Recommended: 20 Cozy Winter Dump Dinners You Can Set and Go
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 pound dried navy beans
- 1-1/4 pounds fully cooked ham, diced
- 3 quarts water
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 cup each diced onion, celery and carrot
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a 6-qt. ovenproof Dutch oven. Cover and bake at 350° for 4-1/2 to 5 hours or until beans are tender. Yield: 14-18 servings (4-1/2 quarts).
Originally published as Oven-Baked Bean Soup in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook 1996, p8