I developed this thick and creamy sauce in an attempt to re-create a peanut butter topping we had at a restaurant. Served over any kind of ice cream, it's to die for! —Mary Long, Amherst, Virginia
Featured In: 45 Recipes for Peanut Butter Lovers
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 Nutrageous candy bar (3.4 ounces), finely chopped
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients; fold in candy. Transfer to jars. Cover and store in a cool dark place for up to 4 weeks.
- To serve, cook and stir in a small saucepan over medium-low heat until heated through. Serve with ice cream. Yield: 2 cups.
Originally published as Outrageous Peanut Butter Sauce in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2010, p126
Reviews forOutrageous Peanut Butter Sauce
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 2, 2013
"Better than Dairy Queen!!!"