Out to Sea Pasta Shell Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 cups uncooked medium pasta shells
- 2/3 cup shredded carrots
- 2/3 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 4 turkey bacon strips, diced and cooked
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- Cook shells according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the carrots, peas and bacon. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sour cream. Add milk and dressing mix; beat until combined.
- Drain pasta and rinse in cold water; add to vegetable mixture. Add dressing mixture; toss to coat. Chill until serving.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 252 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 479mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 11g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 28, 2014
Very tasty the first day, but you really do need to add something to it after it's been in the refrigerator for a while to make it creamy. We add ranch dressing like another reviewer did.
Jan 9, 2014
I did add a little bit of regular ranch dressing after it was sitting in the refrigerator for a couple of hours. My guests enjoyed it and has since served it at their gathering
Aug 19, 2010
My husband and I didn't care for this salad and felt it was missing something. Not sure what that ingredient was, we thought maybe more bacon or adding cheese cubes.
Sep 25, 2009
My kids love this pasta salad. They ask for it over and over!!!
Jun 18, 2009
This was even better than the boxed pasta it is based of off. I very much enjoyed it and will keep it in my recipe box.
May 14, 2009
This was a great pasta salad. Even great left over for a quick lunch or snack. I'll be making this again.