Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 1-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in peanut butter and vanilla. Combine the flour, oats, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 325° for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts1 filled pita half: 122 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 96mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 28, 2009
I made these cookies for visiting cousins; the 7-yr-old youngest had a field day helping. We all enjoyed Out-on-the-Range Cookies very, very much. Yes, I would make these cookies again. :)