Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 1-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in peanut butter and vanilla. Combine the flour, oats, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 325° for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts1 filled pita half: 122 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 96mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Dec 28, 2009
I made these cookies for visiting cousins; the 7-yr-old youngest had a field day helping. We all enjoyed Out-on-the-Range Cookies very, very much. Yes, I would make these cookies again. :)
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.