Our Favorite Pork Chops Recipe
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup picante sauce
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1. Place flour in a large resealable plastic bag. Add pork chops, one at a time; close bag and toss to coat.
- 2. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add pork chops. Cook until light brown, 2-3 minutes on each side; drain. Combine picante sauce, apple and brown sugar; add to skillet.
- 3. Reduce heat; cook, covered, until a thermometer reads 145°, 4-6 minutes longer. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 455 calories, 25g fat (8g saturated fat), 111mg cholesterol, 539mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 37g protein.
Reviews for Our Favorite Pork Chops
"I made 6 thick bone-in chops and doubled all other ingredients to make additional sauce for over mashed potatoes. Very easy and incredibly tasty. Everyone loved it ."