My husband raves about these tender sweet-and-sour chops that top my list of best quick dinners. They’re on our menu regularly.—Linda Foreman, Locust Grove, OK
Recommended: 60 Favorite Slow Cooker Pork Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup picante sauce
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Place flour in a large resealable plastic bag. Add pork chops, one at a time; close bag and toss to coat.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add pork chops. Cook until light brown, 2-3 minutes on each side; drain. Combine picante sauce, apple and brown sugar; add to skillet.
- Reduce heat; cook, covered, until a thermometer reads 145°, 4-6 minutes longer. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Our Favorite Pork Chops in Country Woman December/January 2010, p36
Reviews forOur Favorite Pork Chops
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 5, 2011
"I made 6 thick bone-in chops and doubled all other ingredients to make additional sauce for over mashed potatoes. Very easy and incredibly tasty. Everyone loved it ."