- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta (about 8 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium sweet orange pepper, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook orzo according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; saute peppers and mushrooms until tender. Add garlic and seasonings; cook and stir 1 minute.
- Stir in spinach until wilted. Stir in orzo and cheese; heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forOrzo with Peppers & Spinach
"Loved this as a side dish. Very light and good way to incorporate vegetables."
"This was our first try with orzo and we loved it. Next time I'm going to add chicken to it and make it a meal."
"I would definitely make it again. My husband suggested next time possibly substituting tofu for the mushrooms, or goat cheese for the parmesan. This did not go over well with our young kids."