- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta or pearl couscous
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, saute orzo in butter for 3-5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Stir in broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and orzo is tender. Stir in the cheese, basil and pepper. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forOrzo with Parmesan & Basil
"This recipe says orzo but the picture shows couscous and is misleading. Made this dish with the orzo and it was really good. Followed recipe with no changes and will absolutely make again. This is definitely a 5 star recipe. Thanks for the wonderful recipe."
"Lovely side dish. Used orzo instead of couscous and cooked this in my rice cooker. Whole family enjoyed this. Would definitely make again. Thanks for a great recipe."
"One of our favorite side dishes. Love it."
"Delicious! The whole family enjoyed it."
"too much basil"
"I've made this recipe several times. It's a great spontaneous side dish because I typically have all of the ingredients on hand. I substitute whatever white shredded cheese I have on hand - mozzarella and provolone are both good."
"I make this as a side dish frequently-it goes together fast. I add the basil at the beginning, as well as 1/8 tsp. each garlic powder and onion powder. Mushrooms are a great addition as well!"
"it was very tasty and easy to make. i made some variations.i add three mushrooms half of green bell pepper and two sundried tomatoes with orzo while saute and then added the vegetable stock.it turnout very good.my son and daughter in law liked it."
"Fantastic! easy and very tasty. This is the first time I've tried orzo as a side dish and we loved it. Will definitely be making often."