Orzo Timbales with Fontina Cheese
Take mac and cheese to a new level using orzo pasta and fontina. With a pop of color from sweet red peppers, these timbales bake in ramekins for perfect individual servings.—Gilda Lester, Millsboro, Delaware
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 1-1/2 cups shredded fontina cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped roasted sweet red peppers
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook orzo according to package directions for al dente; drain. Transfer to a bowl. Stir in cheese, peppers and olives. Divide among six greased 10-oz. ramekins or custard cups. Place ramekins on a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs, milk, salt and nutmeg; pour over orzo mixture. Bake 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. If desired, run a knife around sides of ramekins and invert onto serving plates. If desired, sprinkle with parsley.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.