Oregon’s Hazelnut Chocolate Chip Cookie
Oregon has an abundance of nuts, and these nutty cookies are popular with the ladies at my craft club. Growing up during the Depression, my mother taught us to use what was available and said, "It doesn't have to be expensive to be good." She was right! —Selmer Looney, Eugene, Oregon
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup chopped hazelnuts
- **Shopper please buy x4 except for hazelnuts. Nuts will be omitted from the test**
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars on medium speed for 3 minutes. Add 1 egg at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to batter. Fold in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls 3 in. apart onto lightly greased baking sheets. Flatten lightly with a fork. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until light brown. Remove to a wire rack to cool.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 299 calories, 17g fat (8g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 251mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.