I like serve slices of this dressed-up French bread with a chef's salad. It's also a great complement to soup on a cold day. Sometimes I hollow out the loaf and fill it with the creamy mixture before baking. —Laura Murphy Ventura, California
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, split
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the cheese, mayonnaise, oregano, onion and vinegar. Spread over bread.
- 2. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted and lightly browned. Serve warm.
1 slice: 162 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 233mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Jan 19, 2017
This cheesy bread was the perfect addition to soup and salad night on a January winter night.
© 2020 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC