- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 roasting chicken (6 to 7 pounds)
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, salad dressing mix and lemon juice. Place chicken on a rack in an ungreased roasting pan. Spoon butter mixture over chicken.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with oregano. Bake, uncovered, for 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 180°.
- Remove chicken from roasting pan; let stand for 5 minutes. Strain drippings. Cut one chicken breast half into 1-in. cubes. Cover and refrigerate cubed chicken breast and 1/4 cup drippings for Tortilla-Vegetable Chicken Soup (recipe on this page) or save for another use. Transfer remaining chicken to serving platter. Yield: 4 servings plus 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast and 1/4 cup drippings.
Reviews forOregano Roasting Chicken
"Very tasty, I would loosen skin and rub some of the butter and seasonings on the meat for added flavor! Makes a delicious gravy too!"
"Awesome recipe!! The flavor really stood out and the gravy was amazing over mashed potatoes. Whole family loved this dinner."
"Great recipe. The chicken was moist and tasty. Next time I will season under the skin as well."
"This is awesome!!!! It was loved by all. I will definitely make this again."
"My kids just loved this. Definitely will be making this again."
"This is a true Simple and Delicious 5-ingredient recipe! It's amazing how good it tastes with so few ingredients! I used a fresh lemon for the juice, which I think is much better, and made a gravy from the pan drippings using Wondra flour."
"My 14-year-old son made this for a family dinner. It was absolutely delicious."
"This is an excellent recipe!! And very easy. Very delicious, MOIST and tasty. My family loved it!! Even my daughter (who doesn't usually eat meat) liked it."