Oregano Quick Bread
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min.
Makes1 loaf (12 slices)
- 5 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup minced fresh oregano
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Stir in the pecans and oregano.
- Pour into a greased 9x5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 222 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 215mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Nov 20, 2008
This bread sounds good and I'd like to try it, but have a question: Can dried oregano be used in place of minced fresh? If so, what would the measurement be?Sincerely,
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.