Oregano Potato Casserole
Seasonings, cottage cheese, sour cream and eggs dress up ordinary mashed potatoes. These are fluffy and light and pair well with any meaty main dish.—Barbara Stewart, Portland, Connecticut
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 2-1/2 cups mashed potatoes (with added milk)
- 1 cup cream-style cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 eggs, separated
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh oregano or 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley or 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes, cottage cheese, sour cream, egg yolks, oregano, parsley and seasoned salt. In a bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into potato mixture.
- Transfer to a lightly greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Dot with butter. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until lightly browned.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 164 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 103mg cholesterol, 468mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein.
Originally published as Oregano Potato Casserole in Taste of Home August/September 1998