"When making spaghetti one night, I created this recipe to use up left over sub rolls," says Laura Winemiller of Delta, Pennsylvania. "It's simple to increase when you're having guests for dinner."
Recommended: 25 Must-Make Recipes Inspired by Julia Child
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1 submarine bun (about 6 inches) , halved lengthwise
- In a small bowl, combine the butter and seasonings; spread over cut sides of bun. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until toasted. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Oregano Garlic Bread in Quick Cooking July/August 2004, p12