- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 1 to 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, salad dressing mix and lemon juice. Place chicken in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Spoon butter mixture over chicken.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Uncover. Baste with pan drippings; sprinkle with oregano. Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forOregano Chicken
"This was so easy to make! I'm not a big fan of pre-packaged mixes, so I found a recipe online for the Italian dressing mix.....had all the spices in my cabinet anyway. I didn't see the need to add more oregano after it was baked, so I didn't and the flavors were wonderful! This is a repeat for sure!"
"If you want easy, this is a five-star rating. For flavor, I give it a three. Not much to brag about, but I'll make it again if I need an easy meal to make. Just wish there was a way to make the chicken absorb more of the Italian flavor.update: I made it again and I'm changing my three stars to five. I don't know what I did differently, but it was very nice this time. I used small boneless skinless chicken breasts (as I did last time) and I changed the first cooking time from 45 min to 30 minutes, and they were still done. Maybe that made the difference."
"This was great!"
"Sorry, not a keeper for me."
"This smelled amazing while baking! Important to baste it."
"Being low cost is a bonus. The main point is that the flavor is excellent and it is quick to make."