Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 1 to 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, salad dressing mix and lemon juice. Place chicken in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Spoon butter mixture over chicken.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Uncover. Baste with pan drippings; sprinkle with oregano. Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 364 calories, 24g fat (9g saturated fat), 123mg cholesterol, 592mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 33g protein.
Sep 7, 2014
This was so easy to make! I'm not a big fan of pre-packaged mixes, so I found a recipe online for the Italian dressing mix.....had all the spices in my cabinet anyway. I didn't see the need to add more oregano after it was baked, so I didn't and the flavors were wonderful! This is a repeat for sure!
Jan 27, 2014
If you want easy, this is a five-star rating. For flavor, I give it a three. Not much to brag about, but I'll make it again if I need an easy meal to make. Just wish there was a way to make the chicken absorb more of the Italian flavor.update: I made it again and I'm changing my three stars to five. I don't know what I did differently, but it was very nice this time. I used small boneless skinless chicken breasts (as I did last time) and I changed the first cooking time from 45 min to 30 minutes, and they were still done. Maybe that made the difference.
Oct 24, 2013
This was great!
Mar 1, 2013
I have made this recipe for years although I use boneless skinless chicken breast and put it in the crockpot on low for 4-6 hours. Sprinkle with oregano 1 hour before done.
Mar 5, 2012
Sorry, not a keeper for me.
Oct 29, 2011
This smelled amazing while baking! Important to baste it.
Oct 26, 2011
Being low cost is a bonus. The main point is that the flavor is excellent and it is quick to make.
Nov 17, 2009
quick, easy, and affordable way to make delicious baked chicken
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.