- 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons grated orange zest
- 2 tablespoons water
- 5 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- In a small saucepan, combine 1/4 cup sugar, orange zest and water. Cook and stir over low heat for 3-5 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Add butter; stir until melted. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and remaining sugar. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, yogurt, milk and reserved butter mixture. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Coat muffin cups with cooking spray; fill each with a scant 1/4 cup of batter. Bake at 375° for 13-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Combine glaze ingredients; spoon about 1-1/2 teaspoons over each warm muffin. Remove from pans to wire racks. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews forOrange Yogurt Muffins
"I did not over mix these yet they turned out spongy. The flavor was bland. A much better muffin recipe is the Blueberry Peach Muffin Recipe (also uses yogurt) from Taste of Home."
"Love this recipe, fantastic flavour and using Greek Yogurt makes them very soft and light."
"Wonderful orange flavor and super moist. I tried using 1/2 white and 1/2 brown sugar and putting 1/2 cup of whole wheat flour in place of white. Still very yummy!"
"Followed the recipe exactly. Very tasty, light and refreshing. Prefect amount of glaze. This is a keeper."
"Have made this several times. Can substitute vanilla yogurt for plain. Have also used light, fat-free orange yogurt. Very light & tasty!"
"I changed a few things and they are just as delicious. I used orange extract ,2 tablespoons. Egg substitute for the eggs. I used Nonfat yogurt, 1%milk and no salt. I replaced half the flour with whole wheat. I replaced the butter with light butter. I also replaced the orange juice with light orange juice.Tilda from waynesville, OH"