Orange-Wild Rice Salad with Smoked Turkey
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 30 min. + cooling
- 2 packages (2-3/4 ounces each) quick-cooking wild rice
- 1/2 pound deli smoked turkey, cubed (about 1-3/4 cups)
- 1 cup orange sections
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/3 cup dried cherries
- 6 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Cook wild rice according to package directions. Transfer to a large bowl; cool completely.
- Add turkey, oranges, celery and cherries to cooled rice. In a small bowl, whisk dressing ingredients. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, until cold.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 303 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 678mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 4g fiber), 19g protein.
Apr 8, 2016
Very disappointing. The picture makes it look so delicious, so we were looking forward to it, but it was just OK at best. I added more fruit and celery to make it more palatable, but still no one wanted to eat very much, which left a lot of leftovers, and then no one wanted to eat the leftovers., so 3/4 of it was thrown away. It might be better with a different dressing. What a waste. Update: just before tossing, I set aside a plate to give it another try. Realizing the problem was with the dressing, I tried adding a little strawberry flavored balsamic vinegar to the salad. Much much better.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.