- 2 packages (2-3/4 ounces each) quick-cooking wild rice
- 1/2 pound deli smoked turkey, cubed (about 1-3/4 cups)
- 1 cup orange sections
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/3 cup dried cherries
- 6 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Cook wild rice according to package directions. Transfer to a large bowl; cool completely.
- Add turkey, oranges, celery and cherries to cooled rice. In a small bowl, whisk dressing ingredients. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, until cold. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forOrange-Wild Rice Salad with Smoked Turkey
"Very disappointing. The picture makes it look so delicious, so we were looking forward to it, but it was just OK at best. I added more fruit and celery to make it more palatable, but still no one wanted to eat very much, which left a lot of leftovers, and then no one wanted to eat the leftovers., so 3/4 of it was thrown away. It might be better with a different dressing. What a waste. Update: just before tossing, I set aside a plate to give it another try. Realizing the problem was with the dressing, I tried adding a little strawberry flavored balsamic vinegar to the salad. Much much better."