Orange Walnut Candy
A friend shared the recipe for these tangy goodies. Whenever I need a guaranteed crowd-pleaser, I roll them out by the dozens. —Betty Hostetler, Ocean Park, Washington
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 package (12 ounces) vanilla wafers, crushed
- 1 can (6 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 to 2 cups ground walnuts
- In a bowl, combine the sugar, wafer crumbs, orange juice concentrate and butter. Shape into 3/4-in. balls; roll in walnuts. Cover and refrigerate in an airtight container for at least 24 hours before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 53 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 21mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Originally published as Orange Walnut Candy in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2001