Delicious citrus is the tasty surprise when folks try these chocolate candies. For an elegant effect, CT's cooks drizzled them with melted white chips.
- 3 cups plus 2 tablespoons semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 2 tablespoon shortening
- 1/3 cup vanilla or white chips
- 1. Place 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons chocolate chips in a blender or food processor; cover and process until crushed, about 30 seconds. In a microwave-safe bowl, heat cream and butter on high for 30-90 seconds minutes or until almost boiling.
- 2. While blender or processor is running, gradually pour cream mixture and extract over chips in a steady stream until smooth. Cover and refrigerate for 20-30 minutes or until firm. Roll into 1-in. balls.
- 3. In a microwave-safe bowl, heat shortening and remaining chocolate chips on high for 45 seconds; stir. Microwave in 10-to 20-second intervals until melted; stir until smooth. Dip truffles; place on waxed paper to harden.
- 4. In another microwave-safe bowl, heat vanilla chips at 70% power for 10 seconds; stir. Microwave in 5-second intervals until melted; stir until smooth. Transfer to a pastry or plastic bag; cut a hole in the corner of bag. Drizzle over truffles.
1 each: 79 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 8mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Dec 3, 2013
So easy to make! Loved them
Dec 3, 2013
Very good recipe :) Loved Them :) Very easy to make :)
Dec 8, 2012
So easy to make! Loved them.
© 2020 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC