Orange-Topped Chops Recipe
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (8 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- Pepper to taste
- 1. In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil on both sides. Top with oranges; sprinkle with cloves and pepper.
- 2. Cover and simmer over medium-high heat for 20-25 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 167 calories, 7g fat (0 saturated fat), 52mg cholesterol, 39mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 11g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1/2 fruit, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Orange-Topped Chops
"This was ok. Nothing special."
"This is easy and relatively good. The time given is too long so use a temperature probe."
"I too used boneless chops. The oranges complemented the pork very well!"
"I used boneless pork chops and pineapple rings. I discovered that cookiing time and temperature are excessive. I made a sauce with the pineapple juice and cornstarch and served all over rice."