Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (8 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- Pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil on both sides. Top with oranges; sprinkle with cloves and pepper.
- Cover and simmer over medium-high heat for 20-25 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 167 calories, 7g fat (0 saturated fat), 52mg cholesterol, 39mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 11g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1/2 fruit, 1/2 fat.
Apr 26, 2013
This was ok. Nothing special.
Aug 27, 2011
This is easy and relatively good. The time given is too long so use a temperature probe.
Mar 17, 2010
I too used boneless chops. The oranges complemented the pork very well!
Mar 9, 2010
I used boneless pork chops and pineapple rings. I discovered that cookiing time and temperature are excessive. I made a sauce with the pineapple juice and cornstarch and served all over rice.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.