- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 4 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tilapia fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup julienned carrot
- 1/2 cup julienned zucchini
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients; set aside. Cut parchment paper or heavy-duty foil into four 18-in. x 12-in. lengths; place a fish fillet on each. Top with carrot and zucchini; drizzle with reserved orange juice mixture.
- Fold parchment paper over fish. Working from the bottom inside corner, fold up about 3/4 in. of the paper and crimp both layers to seal. Repeat, folding edges up and crimping, until a half-moon-shaped packet is formed. Repeat for remaining packets. Place on baking sheets.
- Bake at 450° for 12-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Open packets carefully to allow steam to escape. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forOrange Tilapia in Parchment
"This recipe is too bland for our family. I will use this recipe again because the flavor of the fish is good, but I will also make a side serving of sweet and sour sauce to go with it and serve it with rice."
"Made per recipe = FABULOUS. Wouldn't change a thing."
"Just received recipe. Sounds like a fantastic recipe. Will definitely make this many times if this works out very tasty."
"Just received recipe. Will try it first."
"I loved it just as the recipe is written. Then I tried it again, substituting 1/2 lemon juice/1/2 dry white wine for the orange juice, dill weed for the cayenne pepper, and lemon peel for the orange peel. Also delicious. I can imagine many variations on this basic technique."
"This was very good. I used broccoli in place of the zucchini. My husband said this is a keeper."
"This is a great recipe!"
"Delicious & filling. My husband loved the kick the pepper gives it. I was out of oranges so I used grapefruit peel instead."
"Very good. Next time I think I will add a little more cayenne pepper. I might add some small pieces of potato."