- 8 medium sweet potatoes (about 4 pounds)
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons grated orange zest
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Place sweet potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until tender. Drain. When potatoes are cool, peel and cut into 1/2-in. slices. Arrange in a greased shallow 3-qt. baking dish; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine the brown sugar, cornstarch, salt and cinnamon. Stir in the orange juice, honey, butter, water and orange zest. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in walnuts.
- Pour mixture over the potatoes. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forOrange Sweet Potatoes
"I have made this recipe multiple times. Its become a favorite at our family Thanksgiving meal."