Orange Sweet Potato Salad Recipe
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes (about 3 medium), peeled and cubed
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1. Place sweet potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Cover and cook for 9-10 minutes or until tender; drain and place in a bowl. Add 2 tablespoons lemon juice and toss. Add celery and oranges.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, orange juice, honey, salt, ginger, nutmeg and remaining lemon juice. Pour over potato mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Just before serving, stir in pecans. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup: 200 calories, 4g fat (0 saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 415mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 4g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fruit, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Orange Sweet Potato Salad
"I made this recipe for my recipe club and they loved it. Everyone asked for the recipe and said they would make it. It was very easy."
"I liked this salad a lot. The mandarin oranges and orange juice complemented the sweet potatoes nicely. It was refreshing and delicious and great for people who don't really like plain sweet potatoes."